Privacy and Security
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please view our GDPR privacy statement
here. If you are in California, view our California Notice here.
Our Hotel is committed to safeguarding your privacy while visiting the Hotel website, namely, www.PacificaHotels.com, (hereinafter all identified URLs are collectively referred to as the "Site"). Our goal is to provide you with an Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users.
and Aggregated Data. The term "Personal Information" refers to data you voluntarily provide in connection with the use of the Site that identifies you and/or the company on whose behalf you are accessing and using the Site. Personal Information includes data submitted in connection with our services, such as your name, email address, phone number, company affiliation, physical address, and/or certain other Personal Information. The term "Aggregated Data" refers to general information regarding visitors and users of the Site that relates to the use of the Site, including traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Site, use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Site, or other parties made available through or found at the Site.
HOW WE USE AND COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the utmost care to ensure that the Personal Information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions, make a reservation, or subscribe to our emails or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form.
Information collected by our Site may be used to:
● Register you as a Hotel member;
● Contact you after you’ve submitted a website form;
● Plan and purchase Hotel accommodations;
● Enter your email in our promotions or sweepstakes;
● Send marketing communications or surveys to you;
● Respond to your questions or suggestions; or
● Improve the quality of your visit to our Site.
All forms will provide an opt-out button to allow you to choose not to participate in Hotel lists and future online marketing. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for Hotel purposes or in joint promotions with a Hotel partner. We do not sell, rent, or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our marketing lists at any time. All emails distributed to our marketing lists will contain easy, online access to unsubscribe.
HOW WE SHARE YOU INFORMATION
We may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as
● Joint marketing partners, our affiliates, online advertising services and data analytics
● Vendors who provide services on our behalf
● Government entities
● Social networks
PERMISSION FOR USE
Our Hotel may collect and use Personal Information that you submit on the Site in any manner
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation
interface and a third-party booking engine (“Booking Engine”). While it appears to be part of our Site, the Booking Engine is provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices.
We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so our Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Our Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.
Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data
encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Hotel services to you;
Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, specific laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time); and Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (for example, for statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
● Access: California consumers have the right to request any of the following information from us regarding personal information collected about you
○ The categories of personal information collected about you.
○ The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
○ The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
○ The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any.
○ The specific personal information collected about you.
○ For personal information sold or disclosed to a third party for a business purpose, you have a right to know the categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
● Deletion. The right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you. We will honor this request subject to the range of exclusions permitted by law. For example, we are not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction or reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship or if it is used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
● Correction. The right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
● Right to Opt Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. You also have the right to opt out of the sharing of your personal information to third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. You also have the right to opt out of sharing the personal information of a child under the age of 16 without receiving opt-in consent. If you opt out, we will not sell or transfer your information to any third party except as otherwise authorized by law.
● Right to Restrict Processing of Sensitive Information. The right to restrict the use and
disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
We will provide this information free of charge up to two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request (including verification of your identity and your California residency), subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. Specific personal information about you or your account that is categorized as sensitive or confidential may be redacted.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
Virginia consumers have the following rights regarding personal data we have collected about you (for purposes of this section only, “personal data” means any information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person and excludes employment data, personal data that cannot be attributed to an individual without the use of additional information, and de-identified data or publicly available information):
● The Right to Know (i.e., the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data)
● The Right to Access (i.e., the right to access your personal data processed by us)
● The Right to a Copy (i.e., the right to obtain a copy of your personal data that you have previously provided to us in a portable and readily usable (if technically feasible) format);
● The Right to Correct Inaccuracies (i.e., the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data based on the nature of the data and the purposes of the processing);
● The Right to Deletion: (i.e., the right to request us to delete your personal data provided to us);
● The Right to Opt Out (i.e., the right to opt out of the processing of your personal data for certain purposes, including targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling for decisions with legal or other significant effects on you).
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. Virginia residents may exercise the rights described above by clicking “Personal Data Request” at the bottom of this page and following the instructions. We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
We do not sell personal information as such activity would be defined under Nevada Privacy Law.
Colorado law provides Colorado residents with the rights listed below.
Right to Access
You have the right to know and see what personal data we have collected about you in a usable format.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal data.
Right to Opt Out of Targeted Advertising and Sale of Personal Data You have the right to “opt out” of “targeted advertising” and the “sale” of your “personal data” (as defined under Colorado law).
CONNECTICUT AND COLORADO PRIVACY RIGHTS
As a Connecticut or Colorado resident, you have the right to access, deletion, correction, and to request to “opt out” of “targeted advertising” or the “sale” of your “personal data,” you may click on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” or you may choose to enable online, where available, a universal tool that automatically communicates your opt-out preferences, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”). We will process the GPC signal as a request to opt out.
UTAH PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of Utah, you have the right to access, delete, and opt out of targeted
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) RESIDENTS
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) you may have the following additional rights under the GDPR as applicable:
• The right to access (i.e., the right to be provided with a copy of your personal information);
• The right to rectification (i.e., the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information);
• The right to be forgotten (i.e., the right to require us to delete your personal information – in certain situations);
• The right to restriction of processing (i.e., the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information – in certain circumstances, e.g., if you contest the accuracy of the data);
• The right to data portability (i.e., the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations);
• The right to object (e.g., the right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing, and in certain other situations, to object to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g., processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests);
• The right to withdraw consent (i.e., where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent – without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
• The right to information regarding consent (i.e., to obtain information about the possibility or providing or denying your consent and the consequences of such consent or denial of consent); and
• The right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making (i.e., the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you).
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. You can exercise your rights under the GDPR by contacting us as follows:
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about
the Personal Information we maintain about you, withdraw your consent for certain data processing activity, or request that we update, correct, delete, and/or stop processing your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise these rights, you may submit your request using our Privacy Right’s Platform here or by contact DataProtection@PacificaHotels.com or by mail at:
ATTN: Data Protection
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (for example, when you make a purchase, reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT TO USE
Please note that opting out of marketing emails may limit your access to certain offers, benefits, and features. Also, if you opt-out of receiving certain marketing emails, that opt-out may not apply to other communications that you may continue to receive from us, such as customer service messages, messages about your account or reservations with us, and emails responding to your communications with us or requests for information that we receive from you. Requests to opt-out of receiving future marketing emails from us can take up to ten business days to be effective.
USE OF AGGREGATED DATA
Hotel Emblem is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor Aggregated Data regarding the use of the Site for marketing purposes and to study, improve, and promote the use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, our Hotel may share Aggregated Data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of Aggregated Data does not reveal Personal Information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Our Hotel has two exceptions to that limits the use of Personal Information:
Our Hotel may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Hotel from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found at the Site.
Our Hotel may disclose information when required by law; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
To enable features at the Site, the hotel may assign one or more "cookies" to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer's hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
The Hotel engages third party vendors in interest-based advertising in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser, including the use of pixel tags. For example, if you go to the Site to book a hotel room, you may later see an advertisement from us when you visit another website. To the extent that third parties are using cookies or other technologies to perform these services, the Hotel does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information for online advertising and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY & PARENTAL CONSENT
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
LINKS PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
Our Hotel may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us.
Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any website owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their online policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any Personal Information or other sensitive data.
POLICY MODIFICATIONS & CONTACTING US
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA
COOKIE AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY POLICY
What are Cookies
A ‘Cookie’ is a small file which is created by a website and stored on your device. Often Cookies contain a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but can contain other information. Cookies serve many different purposes, including to help remember your preferences or allow our Services to function.
There are different types of Cookies:
Cookies are “persistent”, “permanent” or “session”:
Persistent and permanent Cookies remain on your device even after you have gone offline.
These Cookies will remain on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration specified in the Cookie file itself.
Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Cookies can also be “first-party” or “third-party”:
First-party Cookies are Cookies that are placed by us or a third party on our behalf.
Third-party Cookies are placed by our partners, vendors and other third parties. We do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties using third-party Cookies.
Web beacons (also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs) are small graphic images that are used in connection with the provision of our Services and which typically work in conjunction with Cookies to track the use of an online service by its users. For example, when we send you emails, web beacons allow us to track if you opened the emails and clicked links to measure campaign performance and improve features.
Similar technologies are technologies which enable the entity using it to track your user behavior. This can be done by HTML5 Local Storage, pixels, tags, Flash Cookies (also known as “local shared objects” or “LSOs”), and other web application software methods, all of which store information in your browser or device. We may employ Flash Cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation.
We classify Cookies according to whether they are “Essential”, “Functional”, "Analytics”, or “Advertising”, depending on the function that the Cookies serve in connection with our Services.
Essential: These Cookies are required to provide you with the services and features available
through our site. Because these Cookies are necessary to deliver the site, they cannot be turned off.
Functional: These Cookies are used to enhance the functionality of the site. They help us to
customize the site and application (where applicable) for you in order to enhance your
experience. Although important, these Cookies are not required for your use of the site. Without these Cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics: These Cookies collect information to help us understand how you engage with our
website, such as how the site is being used, or to measure the effectiveness of our marketing
campaigns. These Cookies help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and to
see how visitors move around the site. These Cookies may be set by us or by third-party
providers whose services we have added to our pages.
THIRD-PARTY TARGETED ADVERTISING
These Cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests.
They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing,
ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are
based on your interests. By turning this functionality off, you may still see ads but those ads may be more frequent and less relevant to you and your needs.
Third-party targeted advertising cookies may be placed on your device by third-party advertisers, ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
Third-party targeted advertising cookies collect information about your browsing activity across multiple websites and online services in order to provide you with relevant advertisements on our websites and online services and the websites and online services of third parties. Ad networks may share this information with the advertisers using their network. These cookies may also be used to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, for example by collecting data on how many people click on a particular advertisement. The information collected using these third-party advertising cookies does not identify you personally.
Third-party targeted advertising cookies are often linked to site functionality provided by the third-party which may mean that clicking on the advertisement redirects you to that third-party’s website.
We cannot always know what third-party advertising cookies are being dropped before they appear on our website, we maintain processes to monitor cookies placed on our websites by external service providers and to control the way in which data is collected via our websites. We can also request that certain third-party advertising cookies are turned off by the third-party provider.
We may use these cookies on our websites and in connection with our content and advertisements that appear on third-party websites and online services to recognise that you’ve viewed or interacted with our content or advertisements and so we can show you advertisements for products that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also use these cookies to limit the number of times you see the same advertisement. Our targeted advertising cookies collect anonymous information; however, if you have a registration account with us, the information collected by us using our targeted advertising cookies may be associated with your registration account, for example, we may seek to show more closely targeted adverts to you based on your browsing behavior. The organization setting the cookie (either the third party or us) is responsible for obtaining consent.
Managing Cookies on our Services
Please note that even if you opt-out of Cookies or interest-based advertising, you will still
receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out or later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or use a new or different device, you may need to renew your Cookie preferences. It could also affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Many devices and internet browsers are set to automatically accept Cookies. Information on
changing your browser settings to opt-out of Cookies can be found in your browser settings. If you use different devices to access our Services, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your Cookie preferences. Most mobile operating systems provide you an option in the device settings to limit ad tracking associated with the device ID they may share with us. Please reference your mobile operating system’s help center to learn more.
To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set and how to
manage and delete them, visit en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that we have no affiliation with, and are not responsible for, these third party websites.
Please note that not all browsers provide the ability to remove Flash Cookies. You can restrict
or block Flash Cookies through the Adobe website and links for doing so are included below. As with any Cookie, if you do restrict Flash Cookies, there may be some features of our Services that you won't be able to use.
Managing Third-Party Cookies:
The following websites provide choices to opt-out of tracking through certain third-party advertising and analytics Cookies:
● For Users in the US: https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/
● For Users in the EU: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
● Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's or Network Advertising Initiative's opt-out pages.
● For users in the UK or France, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
● For users in Canada, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/
● Click here to opt-out of targeted ads on Meta (formerly Facebook).
● Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or to
customize Google Display Network ads.
● Click here to opt-out of Adobe's Device Co-op membership which shares
anonymous device data via web beacons and Cookies
● Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on). How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites and apps
● To manage Flash Cookies, please click here: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
If you have additional questions, please contact us at:
DataProtection@PacificaHotels.com or by mail at:
ATTN: Data Protection
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, USA